There are plenty of places to visit in Moscow and lots of things to try. Here are some sights and activities you should put in your personalized Moscow itinerary:
- 1. Сhurches. Golden domes have become an international symbol of Russia as a tour product. Russian Orthodox churches are a real eye-catching riot of color with their golden domes and intricate fretwork. St. Basil’s Cathedrals, the Cathedrals of the Kremlin, the Novodevichy Convent and the Sergiev Posad monastery are world-acknowledged architectural gems as well as some of the best places to see in Moscow.
- 2. Museums. The key Moscow museum is the Armoury Chamber – a collection of precious exhibits from the tzars’ treasure house and the patriarchs’ vestry. Another place to visit in Moscow is the Tretyakov Gallery where you will discover surprising works by Russian artists of the XII-XX centuries. Visitors who would like to expand their knowledge of history should include the History Museum and the Contemporary History Museum in the list of the places to see in Moscow. You can choose the museums to visit on the Customized Tours page.
- 3. Parks. Despite its huge population Moscow remains a green city with some really attractive parks. A day trip to a riverside summer residence of the tzars in Kolomenskoye and the XVIII century Tsaritsyno estate with its gothic-like bridges and pavilions will take you out of time and to a more magnificent age. The centrally located Muzeon and Gorky Parks are splendid places to go in Moscow for a walk by the river. Muzeon is also known as the Park of the Fallen Idols, or the Graveyard – it is a place where many of the truly striking Soviet monuments were moved after the fall of the USSR. The Gorky Park is the oldest park and the main casual hangout spot in Moscow. From there you can take a river cruise or just people-watch from a cafe patio, or even a comfortable swing or beanbag! For sure – a place to visit in Moscow on a sunny weekend! These two parks are included to our Cycling Tour of Moscow.
- 5. Metro. Why not have a ride in the famous Moscow Metro? For the locals it is a convenient transport and for the visitors – one of the most amazing places to see in Moscow. Its stations, faced with marble and granite and decorated with mosaics, statues, paintings look more like rooms in a palace. A tour of the most beautiful ones would be an unforgettable part of your tour.
- 6. Food. In Moscow you can sample not only traditional Russian dishes, but also Georgian, Central Asian and Ukrainian cuisine. Names of the most popular eating places to go in Moscow can be found on any popular tourist site. We offer you to try them at the Food Tour in Moscow.
- 7. What are places to visit in Moscow in winter? There are several beautiful skating-rinks with cafes, music and skates for rent. Ice-skating is a really popular winter activity here. If you do not deal with the cold too well, maybe you will do better with some winter heat! Banya, or the traditional Russian steam room is a very special ritual for Russians. Perfect place to visit in Moscow if you love new experiences! We can help you to organize a visit and tell you how to get the most out of it.